Indications for use
Country of origin
Chemical peeling is a simple and affordable cosmetic procedure, which by exfoliating the upper layers of the epidermis can improve the overall condition of the skin, even out the relief, get rid of pigmentation and post-acne scars. The procedures use monopreparations or combinations of active exfoliating components - alpha-, beta-, polyhydroxy acids as well as retinol.
What peeling ampoules can be found on the beauty market today?
Because of the high popularity and frequency of use of peelings today you can find an incredible variety of types on the market. Peelings are used to correct the skin of the face, neck, decollete zone and intimate areas. Such demand is due to the rapid visible results of the procedure, as well as the ease of use and safety of the procedure. With the help of peeling cosmetologists are able to eliminate many defects:
- Even out skin structure and tone,
- Brighten the surface and remove pigmentation of various kinds,
- Cleanse and minimize pores,
- Stimulate reparation processes,
- Improve the microcirculation of the skin,
- Promote the production of collagen and elastin fibers,
- Provide a lifting of the skin.
Types of peeling cosmetics can be classified according to the following parameters.
According to the method of exposure to the epidermis:
- Chemical peels are differentiated between acidic and alkaline peels. It is performed with the help of different acid solutions of different concentrations. The composition chosen by the cosmetologist depends on the individual characteristics of the patient's skin and the desired effect. Ready-made ordinary acid peeling is applied to the epidermis, rubbed in and in a couple of minutes is removed. This application can be repeated for several cycles. As a result, new cells filled with collagen and elastin are formed.
- Biological - enzymatic peeling. One of the most delicate, but at the same time effective types. The high content of proteolytic enzymes allows quick removal of keratinized skin.
- Apparatus - can be laser, ultrasound or radio wave. The duration of the ultrasound peeling procedure takes about 10 minutes. By acting on the epidermis with a certain purity, particles are exfoliated, the products of the sebaceous glands are removed, and blood circulation is increased. Laser or radio waves have the effect of depth resurfacing. Affecting the upper layers, they vaporize keratinized cells. At the same time, the devices act point by point, without having a negative impact on the neighboring tissues.
According to the time interval:
- One-time - the peeling is done in one session.
- Prolonged - requiring several procedures.
According to the main component of acid peeling there are almond, pyruvic, carbonic, glycolic and retinoic peels. These varieties are most effective in monophases in different concentrations of the main acids. For a more gentle effect and for a patient with sensitive skin, peels with 10-20% acid content are used.
How does acid peeling Skinimal work?
The peeling composition applied to the surface of the epidermis dissolves keratinized cells and the contents of sebaceous plugs and triggers the process of tissue regeneration. With exfoliation of surface skin layers pigmentation, stagnant spots disappear, wrinkles and scars become less visible. The synthesis of collagen and elastin is activated when living tissue is injured.
Chemical peels cleanse the skin more gently compared to mechanical cleansing. At the same time, the effectiveness of professional compositions with the right concentration of acids is much higher than that of exfoliating cosmetics for home use.
At what level does acid peeling Skinimal work?
- Superficial acid peeling. The preparations work exclusively at the level of the stratum corneum of the epidermis and are used to even out the tone and relief of the skin, to refresh dull and flabby, tired skin.
- Medium acid peeling. Peels affect the living epidermal layers down to the basal membrane and are used for skin rejuvenation, smoothing wrinkles and scars, lightening pigmentation, and combating stretch marks.
- Deep acid peeling. Exfoliation is performed with a preparation based on the toxic substance phenol. The procedure is prescribed in cases of pronounced age-related changes and can be performed only once in a lifetime.
Acids are used to make acid peeling liquid:
- glycolic acid;
- salicylic acid;
- azelaic acid;
- trichloroacetic acid;
- almond acid;
- lactic acid and others.
The preparations are made on the basis of one or more components. In most cases, peels are applied to the face, neck and decollete area. However, there are preparations designed to improve the condition of the body skin and whiten intimate areas (armpits, genital and anal areas, inner thighs).
The depth of exposure is determined by the percentage of acids or the number of layers applied to the skin.
Indications and contraindications for acid peeling
Chemical exfoliation is recommended for:
- dull complexion, "smoker's skin";
- greasy sheen of the epidermis;
- enlarged pores and comedones;
- stagnant spots and post acne scars;
- body stretch marks;
- skin flabbiness;
Contraindications to the procedure are:
- susceptibility to the formation of keloid scars;
- blood clotting disorders;
- dermatitis, dermatoses;
- individual intolerance to the components of the peeling composition;
- wounds and skin infections in the area exposed to acids.
Peeling is not performed on skin with a fresh tan, after visiting the beach or tanning salon must pass at least 2 weeks.
Peculiarities of chemical exfoliation
As a rule, acid peels are performed in the period of autumn and winter, when the sun's activity is minimal. However, light preparations of superficial action can be used at any time of year. Depending on the agent used, the condition of the skin and the task set, the procedures can be performed once or in a course.
To avoid irritation and pigmentation of the skin, which becomes particularly sensitive after exfoliation, you should not use lotions and tonics with alcohol in the first days after exfoliation. Sunbathing is prohibited after superficial exfoliation for 2 weeks, after median exfoliation - about a month.
Recovery after peelings
Peels that affect only the upper stratum corneum do not require a recovery period. Slight discomfort may be associated with cell dehydration. Moisturizing cosmetics cope with the problem.
When living skin cells are affected, pigmentation and peeling of the epidermis may occur. It is necessary to use sunscreen, moisturizing preparations.
The favorable period for peeling is October-March. But you should keep in mind that sun exposure can lead to pigmentation, regardless of the time.
Is it worth buying peeling ampoules during pregnancy?
Not all peelings are prohibited during pregnancy. At the same time, they are very much in demand, because women during this period are concerned about increased pigmentation and the appearance of chloasma. During pregnancy, it is possible to apply almond, lactobionic, gluconic and milk peels with the concentration of the main acid 10-15%. Salicylic, pyruvic acid, and glycolic peels are prohibited during this period.
How long can a course of peeling last?
Chemical peelings are used in courses of 4 to 10 treatments at intervals of 7-21 days. It is important not to shorten the duration of the course, making the procedures more intense, so as not to traumatize the skin and not lead to post-traumatic pigmentation.
We will be glad to help you to buy peeling of different kinds with delivery not only to such big cities as Poznan, Warsaw, Krakow, but also to any place where the delivery service works.